BNZ Start-up Alley is an opportunity to take your start-up to the next level. It might just be the helping hand you need and it's certainly a promotional opportunity you won't get anywhere else.
We want to give up to six start-ups the opportunity to promote themselves at Webstock '12 at the BNZ Start-up Alley. If your start-up is chosen you'll be able to tell everyone at Webstock what you're about and pitch your start-up to our panel of expert judges in front of a live audience and our MC, Mr Nat Torkington. The winner will receive an awesome prize to help boost their start-up.
- $10K in cold, hard cash
- Return flights for two to San Franciso (up to $5,000)
- Up to 3 months use of the Kiwi Landing Pad in San Francisco
- Help facilitating meetings with people who can help your start-up — both internationally and in New Zealand
All 6 finalists will:
- Receive a 12 month Small Business banking package provided by BNZ
- Receive a free ticket to Garr Reynold's Presentation Zen workshop on Wed 15 Feb
- Be able to create a space in Start-up Alley on the first day of Webstock, Thursday 16 February
- Have the opportunity to meet and talk with all sorts of people at Webstock. These are the interactions that can help you immensely
- Be part of the BNZ Start-up Alley event on Thursday night at Webstock. Three minutes to pitch yourself to judges. Five minutes to answer their questions. All in front of a live audience
- Have up to one months use of the Kiwi Landing Pad in San Francisco
Who can enter?
- You need to be a New Zealand start-up business
- You'll have less than 5 employees
- You'll be in the web/technology industry
- You'll have an idea, working concept or product for your start-up
- You'll be able to demonstrate that your start-up has a clear direction and purpose
John is a serial entrepreneur. He was CEO and Co Founder of SaaS company Sonar6 up until April 2011 and is currently launching Kiwi Landing Pad — an office and networking facility for technology companies developing business in the USA.
Harry is the National Manager Small Business at the BNZ and as such has lead growth of BNZ's focus in NZ Small Businesses. Outside of BNZ he has run businesses of his own in South Africa and New Zealand.