As a manager, you may find yourself floating in a sea of uncertainty.
- What does success look like?
- How do you know if you’re doing a good job or not, with such a long feedback loop between your actions and their outcome?
- How do you set the right tone and expectations for your team?
In this full-day workshop, you will learn how to answer those questions and successfully navigate these uncertain waters.
What you'll learn
We’ll focus on:
- Coaching, mentoring and sponsoring, and when to use each as a manager
- Navigating your team through uncertainty and surprising emotions
- Growing your teammates through specific, actionable feedback
- Honing and documenting your expectations of your team
We’ll talk tactics to best-support your team, articulate what you uniquely bring to your role as a manager, and practice a ton of leadership skills.
You’ll participate in group exercises that will help you put this knowledge into practice in a safe and engaging environment.
You’ll leave with new perspectives on management, as well as worksheets and plenty of resources to help you continue to grow and further develop these skills in your day-to-day work.
Who it's for
This workshop is for anyone who has found themselves managing a team of people. (Any discipline! Any function! Any level!)
What you'll need
If you would like to take notes, you may wish to bring along your preferred writing utensil and favoured notebook. Pens and pads will be provided though.
This will be a no-phones, no-laptops workshop (unless you require them for accessibility reasons, of course!)
Michael Fowler Centre
$695 with conference badge, $795 without